Awesome take on asteroids!
A downloadable game for Windows
Asteroids 2.0 is like the classic Asteroids, but slightly better. It has a two-player mode along with a couple of power-ups, including a spread-shot. There is also a local high-score list! This was created with GameMaker Studio 2.
The BGM music is "A Night of Dizzy Spells" by Eric Skiff.
Sound effects created with Bfxr.
All other assets created by me.
- fixed the local scoreboard so now it doesn't reset after you restart the game. Compared to the last build, it also stores that info even if you close the application. ** You can reset the scoreboard by pressing BACKSPACE in the pause screen. This action will also restart the game.
- added the ability for players to resize their window! It will maintain aspect ratio, and IMO the image quality is still good.
- fixed a typo in the P2 instructions.
- fixed another typo in P1 instructions
- added a white border in in the room so when players resize the window, there is no confusion on where the edge of the room is.
- also changed the file icon so it looks cool :)
- improved text input at the game over screen
- This will be the final build of the game! Unless I am receiving a considerable amount of tips, I will no longer update the game unless they are bug fixes.
- added a menu system and the option to change player sprites
- added instructions
- added a new power-up, the shield! a player who picks it up will be invulnerable for 10 seconds and will destroy asteroids that they collide with.
- added a special attack! small asteroids will have a chance to drop orbs, which will fill up a special meter that is under the score in the top-left. once filled, players will receive a charge that they can use to do a special attack! this new feature is intended to help players survive a bit longer, possibly even going on infinitely? who knows.
|Published||108 days ago|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, asteroids, Co-op, GameMaker|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Player count||1 - 2|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.